Okay, so I know that it's been a long time coming, but what can I say other than "Life is Busy!!" My extra time lately has been nonexistent or filled with service, kids and home improvement projects. So, here goes!!!! I'm catching you up on our busy last four months.....
Maddie won 2nd place in the Annual District Art Show for her clay masterpiece we like to call "HAMSTER".
So life-like, isn't it?

Mitchell earned a spot in his school's "Iron Chef" final competition & came in 2nd place after making yummy Mexican dishes!
Jackson turned 9 in May & celebrated with his best friend from church, David. After baseball cupcakes for breakfast the boys headed out for a camp out with "da boys".
With the end of school for all, came lots of fun parties...
Madison turned 14 in June and had a super fun "Twilight" party planned by Maddie herself. Right down to the menu, decorations & kiss the Vampire game....
This was on the front door as they entered the party and followed red rose petals down to the fog-filled basement!
In July Mitchell turned 12 and celebrated at Water World--the 2nd best water park in the country. How do we know this, you ask? Well, we saw it on the Discovery Channel late on night & realized that it was right down the street!!! Grandpa Henrie & Donna also flew out for a visit & were able to be here for Mitchell's Priesthood ordination. Aunt Susan & Uncle Jeff were in town as well & were able to spend his special day with us. Kevin offered such a beautiful blessing to his oldest son. I will never forget it!
We did lots of fun things with Grandpa & Donna while they were in CO....
For the 4th of July we went to a neighborhood celebration, played some baseball & ate lots of food! We went to the pool a lot, did some household projects, visited our cousin, Dani's llama farm & drove to the top of Pike's Peak!! My favorite thing we did with Grandpa & Donna was taking Maddie & Mitchell to the Temple. We had such a neat experience there with them & I caught a glimpse what "true" happiness is as I was able to be with my sweetie, children, father & step-mom in the House of the Lord and feel their sweet spirits.





2 comments:
ethmosi
What great pictures! So glad you got sort of caught up. I have missed your updates! What a fun end to school everyone had. Maddie so grown up and beautiful, Mitchell so tall and cute, Jack so handsome and still those dreamy eyes, and of course, Emy. She cracks me up with her overload of personality. She is too much! What a social butterfly she is. I have to mention that NO WHERE did I see that the reason us VA grandparents missed Mitchell's special day was because of my falling off the horse out at the farm. Sooooo, for the record, MeMe and Pops missed the fun week due to 5 broken ribs and doctors orders not to fly just yet. Seriously, we wouldn't have missed it for the world, and I hope Mitchell knows that. We want to come out as soon as we can for a long weekend soon. We love you and love the family you and Kevin have. So special to us and we miss you. Mam
Post a Comment