CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 03, 2009

"Hardest Thing I've Ever Done!"...

.... said my sweet hubby as he started to explain his weeks' adventures, trials & accomplishments during our boy scout troop's 50 mile hike. Beginning at 7000 feet at the trail head and hiking as high as 13,000 feet in six days with rain, sleet & ice glaciers--these boys marched with Mitchell carrying a 35 lb.pack & Kevin 55 lbs. It was an adventure they will NEVER forget! I was so proud of the two of them & so thankful that all went well & they came home safe and sound.

Here are some great pictures of their 50 mile hike. Thanks Kevin for capturing God's beauty of the CO wilderness so we can all be inspired and even more grateful for our beautiful World!




























3 comments:

pam said...

Wow! What a beautiful photo safari...you live in such a gorgeous part of the country. I am proud of them too. What an adventure they must have had. I talked to Kevin and he filled me in on a lot of it, but the photos he took really captured the beauty and fun they must have had. I wish I could do something like that....by horseback maybe---no, that is now off limits---maybe by helicopter! I hope they both kept journals, as I would love to hear Mitchell's version of this trip.

I love and miss you all. Welcome home hikers!

Linda@SurfandSweetgrass said...

Ali,
Thanks for the updates and pictures..kudos to Kevin for making that trip with Mitchell...definitely NOT for the weary! Everyone looks great...so grown up and beautiful. Kevin, proud of you for hanging with the youngin's for 50 miles!

Linda@SurfandSweetgrass said...
This comment has been removed by the author.