What an eventful week we have had! Last Sunday Kevin & I celebrated our 14th Wedding Anniversary at The Spa at the Inverness Hotel. It is a beautiful hotel just 5 minutes from our home that overlooks the Rockies. Kevin planned a nice little "get away" which included a couples massage, followed by a steam & private hottub outside. When we were relaxing in the hot tub the sun was setting and was so romantic to watch the light change on the new snow all around us. Afterwards, we had dinner and the rest I won't go in to! It was a perfect day with my soul mate and I will remember it always.
The next day was just the opposite....filled with pain & tears! I found out that a tooth that was crowned 9 months ago had a dead nerve and a pretty severe infection with radiated throughout my whole body. Labor pains were a snap compared to this!!!
Monday night I was picking up the kidos at the high school from choir when I just didn't see this big, round, cement circle in my path. (the kids sit on these before and after school) So, what did I do???? I just ran right in to it, landed on top of it and then fell on my elbow. I couldn't move....my leg was bleeding, my arm wasn't moving...luckily Emy was in the car and I wasn't holding her. I could hear her cry, though, which made me "loose it". Get this! There was a dad that just walked by me and didn't offer to even help me get to my feet.....too busy talking on his blackberry! WHAT IS THIS WORLD COMING TO??
Anyways, I've realized why I never made it as a ballerina.....just an awkward clutz, I suppose. I just sprained my elbow and have been wearing a sling. I've had to teach Emy to climb down the stairs and working on getting into her crib....she's a monkey!
So, I had to have an emergency root canal but couldn't go until WEDNESDAY . I insisted they give me something to KNOCK ME OUT because I had been there and done that with a normal tooth and this one was KILLING ME!! So, I don't remember much about that day....I'm still on some heavy pain killers, so needless to say, I've been really "loopy" all week.
Wednesday night was Mitchell's Blue & Gold Banquet where I had to conduct...don't even know what I said....Ha!
He received his Religious Knot award, 4 belt loops, 2 Academic & Sports Pins & another Silver arrow point. He's been really busy and we were really proud of his accomplishments. He's geared up for the annual Pinewood Derby next month...determined to take it all!! He just wasn't happy with 2nd place. Is he a little "over achiver" or what??

Putting on his new belt loops..he was really excited when he saw


Roaming around the church with her yeast roll

This week has been really fun for Madison. She auditioned for her school's musical last month and made it! They are performing Music Man and Maddie is one of the Pick-a-Little Ladies that wear big floral hats (she's excited about that HA!) and sing ALOT!! They practice 3 to 4 times a week. So she has been busy and Kevin and I are really glad that Santa gave her a cell phone because I never know where she is anymore. With school, volleyball, YW Camp classes, etc....she is busy!!
If you made it this far in our blog you must be really bored....but I'm glad you stuck with it and caught up on our lives. We miss our family and are sad that no one is here to share our fun & sad times with us, but we do love Colorado and all that it offers our family. So come and visit or better yet....move on out! Love you all!





0 comments:
Post a Comment